Friday, May 4, 2012

Drenching My Spirit Clean, Through the Silent Caldera

This is me reading my poem Drenching My Spirit Clean from my book Through the Silent Caldera with commentary. Enjoy everyone. Love ya all, Karen

Poetry Vlog: http://youtu.be/WAImZT5FKwM

Drenching My Spirit Clean

The unrelenting rainfall has flooded my eyes
Unconsciously, I swept him beneath the rug
Anticipating that perhaps
His memory would evaporate
As the precocious morning mist

Moth-eaten and deteriorating
I don't devise why
An astounding strangeness dilated from within
More potent than any demigod
Could manifest to be
Telepathy
Forged an unbreakable covenant

Lechery was not at all my greatest dread
Redemption sought me rigorously
The truth I faithfully desired to utter
And denying you,
Was the hardest thing I ever had to do.

Karen L. Fleming ©

To buy my book Through the Silent Caldera which has received five star reviews:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/1470058731/

Photobucket

 

No comments:

Post a Comment